Nestled within the Milkwood forest at the foot of Chapman’s Peak Noordhoek is Monkey Valley Resort.
The resort has an unrivaled view of the Noordhoek beach and nature reserve.
Monkey Valley was built with a sustainable environmentally friendly ethos in order to preserve the natural beauty of the area.
It is one of the most unique properties in the world:
- Surrounded by nature reserve on three sides
- Set in a rare forest of giant milkwood trees (whose root stock may be over 2000 years old) which Monkey Valley is designed to protect
- Direct access onto an 8 kilometer long unspoiled beach
- Whales, dolphins, seagulls, a lagoon where pelicans and flamingos are often seen
- 25 minutes from the centre of Cape Town the most beautiful city in the world
- Superb views over the sea and two oceans and up the magnificent Chapmans Peak mountain behind.
- A quote from one of our shareholders “Cape Town is Paradise but Monkey Valley is Nectar and Ambrosia” ( the food of the Gods)
- A four star resort
- Home of environmental projects to change what is happening to Southern Africa
Monkey Valley has:
- The excellent Thorfynns Restaurant candlelit and fairy lights at night with fires in winter and decks looking over the sea. The food is mostly organic & free range.
- A quaint treetop pub with an excellent selection of South African wines and large TV for sport.
- A herbal sauna set in the treetops.
- Three swimming pools overlooking the sea for guests to use.
- Massages, aromatherapy, reflexology, body stress release on appointment with local mobile therapists, in the comfort of your room.
- Conference in Tree Tops our largest thatched venue overlooking the sea and 2 other smaller venues plus Crowned Eagle for Executive meetings.
- Babysitting services
- Children’s playground
Monkey Valley Resort is also a place for family and has great facilities and available outdoor activities for children of all ages. The resort is not just a place to stay but an adventure waiting to happen.
- The natural surrounds are very peaceful, allowing delegates to be more focused on the agenda.
- Crowned Eagle Lodge is set on the slopes of Chapmans Peak Drive and has 8 suites with panoramic beach, sea and/or mountain views
- There are 14 self-contained luxury thatched cottage with stunning sea, forest and/or mountain view bedrooms en-suite (many with fire places).
- 16 sea and mountain view B&B en-suite rooms
- Excellent organic, farm style cuisine.
- The service of a motivated local Team Building company
- On-site drumming and sound experience arranged
Wonderful nearby attractions and activities can be arranged by us, for your account, including:
- Seafood and meat barbeques overlooking the sea with fish straight from the surrounding ocean
- Wide range of unusual theme evenings and cabaret can be organised for you
- Direct access via beach paths to an unspoilt 8 km long wide beach with soft sand and lagoons
- Horse riding on the beach with Sleepy Hollow Stables.
- Whale viewing May to November
- Walk to a shipwreck along the beach (for treasure hunts, shipwreck parties or teambuilding)
- Mountain bike riding and mountain hikes can be arranged for you.
- Snorkelling with seals in Hout Bay or Simons Town
- Picnics must be discussed and booked prior to the date and a quote will be provided.
- Further afield river-rafting, skydiving, bungee jumping and great white shark cage dives
View our Attractions page for more ideas and exciting outings in the Cape.